Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Political Mondays with Peter Kleeman and Joe Thomas air on WCAV TV-19

I was invited to be part of a revised format for "Political Mondays" on WCAV TV-19. Local radio talk-show host Joe Thomas (WCHV AM-1260) had been the sole participant until the July 20 broadcast. The new format is to have both Joe Thomas and I offer a topic for discussion and the other person an opportunity to add their thoughts on the subject. Rather than explain how this worked out, I invite you to watch the short (around 5 minute) segments currently online. I have provided the topics discussed (and who presented the topic in parentheses) for each of the broadcasts. Simply click on the date of broadcast to get to the WCAV site for viewing. There is a short commercial before the podcast is shown. Dan Schutte of TV-19 News moderates the conversation - and on August 3, Dan Schutte posed the issue of the Federal Cash for Clunkers program in place of my "Funding for Transportation in Virginia" topic because of time consideration. Joe Thomas invited me to have the discussion on funding transportation at 7:00 am today on the Joe Thomas "In-The-Morning" show.

I find it a challenge to get to the heart of a major issue in a minute or two, but I hope I get better at this with practice. I am delighted to have an opportunity to present my thoughts to the TV-19 audience, and hope you will tune-in to the live broadcasts on Mondays starting about 6:40 pm on TV-19. And, don't hesitate to share your thoughts on the show or my comments.

August 3, 2009: Topics: Fraudulent letters sent to Rep. Tom Perriello (Joe Thomas); Federal Cash for Clunkers program (Dan Schutte).

July 27, 2009: Topics: Fifty-year water supply plan (Peter Kleeman); Virgil Goode, Jr. not seeking US Congressional seat in 2010 (Joe Thomas).

July 20, 2009: Topics: Charlottesville rally against healthcare proposals (Joe Thomas); US Army Corps of Engineers letter denying permit to construct McIntire Road Extended (Peter Kleeman).

No comments: