- Analyze each intersection within the area shown in detail including Signal Timing, Crossswalk Condition, Handicap Ramp Condition, Crosswalk Signal Type, and Crosswalk Signal Timing
- Examine lighting throughtou the study area
- Examine sidewalk conditions including Cracks/Hazards, ADA Issues, Obstructions
- Physical safety impediments
- Signage - location and directional
- Develop an education campaign for both the motoring public and pedestrians
- Evaluate existing crosswalks for safety and ADA compliance and need for additional crosswalks city-wide
- Evaluate pedestrian safety around all parks and schools.
I encourage you to identify some of the pedestrian areas along your path to school or work or wherever and send them to me. I will be happy to include them in the inventory of issues for consideration and hope the city will be able to invest sufficient resources to make a significant improvement in our pedestrian network now, and as part of a yearly improvement policy.
Send any pedestrian safety thoughts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org