Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back in Charlottesville Again

I just spent a wonderful week in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands and need to get back to blogging on some of the many local issues I am concerned about. But, first, I recommend you find a time to visit the Virgin Islands. I only got to visit St. Thomas and St. John, but there are two other significant islands - Water Island and St. Croix I will have to visit next time. Also, there are many small islands you can visit by private boat. I hope to post some pictures of my adventures in the Virgin Islands when I get a chance.

I have just gotten involved in a newly forming group called "Do Something Charlottesville" that is planning to act locally to address challenges of global climate change. If you are interested in checking out this group, their next meet-up is on Feb. 6 2008 at 6:30 pm at a meeting room in the Central Library (301 E. Market Street, Charlottesville VA). The library is accessible by public transit (including the free downtown trolley). The meetings are intended to end at about 7:45 pm so you can attend and still have time to get to a movie, a play, or other downtown venue for some Wednesday night fun.

No comments: