Friday, March 7, 2008

The Art of Politics

In my continuing effort to blend art and politics, I created a mosaic Obama sign that is now posted on Route 250 Bypass (on private property, as required) that you can see when walking, bicycling, or driving west along the bypass just before the exit ramp for Locust Avenue.

All of the material used in making this piece were recycled or salvaged materials. The red and blue tiles were from plates I bought at Goodwill. The white and black tiles were discards from and the grout was purchased from the the Habitat for Humanities store. Even the fasteners and mounting materials were recycled material.

I hope you will check out the sign and encourage you to try your hand at mixing art and politics, too. Let me know if you construct a banner or sign or whatever as your own personal blending of art and politics and I will cruise by wherever it is to check it out. You might have some fun, encourage folks to participate in the upcoming election, and even be able to give new life to materials that otherwise would be sent to a landfill.

No comments: